Sunday, October 21, 2012

A pink owl card for Bec's Baby Shower!

Recently, my step sister Rebecca found out she was pregnant with her fourth child! You could imagine that after having 3 boys she was soooo happy to find out she was having a GIRL!!! And I was so excited and happy for her that I cried when she broke the news to me!

Now, Bec always themese her baby rooms etc and this time she is going with pink (of course) and purple with an owl theme! I just knew I was going to have so much fun buying and creating girlie things!!!

Unfortunately, due to moving house I wasn't able to go to her Baby Shower but I wanted to get her a present and make her a special card anyway! So, I went to the craft shop and bought some gorgeous pink netting ribbon, some pretty pink cardstock and patterned paper and then went home and got out my Stampin' Up Owl Punch!

I came up with a great idea to make a card but was missing a scallop circle punch big enough to put the owl on so I went over to my mumsy's house and borrowed her Big Shot and Spellbinder Scallops! And this is what I came up with....with a little help from mum....I just kow that Bec is going to love it!!!! I'm very pleased with it myself!


And the inside...
 
 
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
 

Retro Sketches #34

Emerald Fairies #34 - Anything Goes

Bizzy Bec's October Challenge - Things with Wings!

Bearly Mine Challenge #57 - Anything Goes!

In The Pink: Buttons and Bows - Challenge #6

Melinda Jane xx

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute love everything about it, very clever young Lady xxx Hugs Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I love how you've used the SU owl punch it has turned out fantastic. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Melinda!! thanks for joining us at BMC this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Melinda - I love Owls, and you have used the images brilliantly on this card. Aren't Mums great - especially when they have a Big Shot and dies as well!!

    Thank you for joining us at ITP - I do hope you will pop by again.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet card. Love the owl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and cute, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I love owls and this one is really cute.
    Thanks for joining us at In The Pink
    Denise xx (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the owl card your made using the sketch! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete